Något ur innehållet (enligt BBC):
- Intelligence budget for new satellites, drones and other surveillance equipment would double.
- Up to 10,000 soldiers would be assigned to internal security duties ranging from pandemics to cyber-attacks.
- A new national security council will be set up at the Elysee palace.
- Some 54,000 military and civilian defence jobs will be cut.
- Some 50 military bases and other defence facilities will be closed.
- France will trim its army, navy and air force from 271,000 troops to 224,000.
The new policy will also see the number of combat-ready troops reduced from 50,000 to 30,000.
- The country's defence spending will total 377bn euros ($584bn) from 2009 to 2020, including 200bn euros that will be spent on equipment. As of 2012, the military budget will increase.
- Some of France's four permanent bases in Africa will be shut down.